Welcome to SPARKnEarthlyBest

SPARKnEarthlyBest is the result of AllMyEarthlyBest and her efforts to regain health using all the tools at SparkPeople. It is about the journey... the steps taken... the slips, slides, and falls along the way.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Monday! A week so far

Week 1 and I'm down 3.7 pounds!!!  WOO HOO!!!


That is way more than I expected but what a great boost!  This has been a challenging week in lots of ways that have nothing to do with losing weight.  I was sure any loss would be meager at best because I've not been able to even get on the gazelle, I have had 'fast food' a few times, and even at home I've eaten more of foods I know I should keep to a minimum.  I will not say "avoid" because what I'm doing isn't about deprivation, it's about changing my life, having a new lifestyle!  So, if I want something high fat, decadently sweet, or fulls of preservatives and other non-food additives that are more and more being found out to add on the pounds, then I will have it ~ but the key is in having a smaller amount of it.  The key is to have just enough to satisfy but no more than that.


The only thing I can say that I have done every day this last week is this:


I have, at least once each day, actually thought about what I did or was doing that day to stick to my goal of losing 2 pounds per week.  


So I believe keeping a conscious level of thought about your goals throughout your waking hours is an important step to meeting those goals.

2 comments:

  1. FABULOUS start! Conscientious eating is a huge step. Think before you taste! It has obviously stood you in good stead this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the encouragement Asta! It really means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete